I realize that I’m making this post a little late but I’m sticking by that old ‘better late then never’ cliche. If I had to single out my favourite part of today’s look it would be my ‘gingerbread men’ necklace that I bought on my last vacation in Cuba. Admittedly, from a craftsmanship perspective, there isn’t much to it but I think it embodies that Cuban warmth and charm that is so inherent in their culture. I love this necklace for the very reason others might have passed it by – its primitiveness or even immaturity. It may be simple in appearance but it’s loaded with vibrancy. I think its colour emanates with such intensity and festivity.
What I’m wearing:
- Zipper pants by “Stella McCartney”
- Chiffon blouse by “YA-YA Aflalo”
- Leather pumps by “Guillaume Hinfray”
- Reversible cloth bag by “Xpat”
- Handmade necklace with clay gingerbread men (from Cuba)